I CHANGED THE FONT
You know what will turn players off who are used to RPGMaker games?
The default font.
Thankfully. I got rid of that today:
I actually think the serif font fits the game better too :3
I also did some minor mapping, adding waterfall animations to the small cave waterfalls and rounding out the corners. There are quite a bit small details I need to finish with that cave (and perhaps a lot of other maps) till it’s 100% finished, but it is what it is now.
So, using the concepts in Yanfly’s Let’s Make a Dungeon Comic: http://yanfly.moe/2017/03/08/comic-lets-make-a-dungeon/ I’ve decided to work on the first forest/dungeon area of the game and set roles to each of the enemies.
Yanfly’s 7 roles are:
The first forest area/Dungeon only has 7 total monsters (including boss) so I just mushed the buffer/debuffer into one role for this area.
So working on this I’ve been playing a lot with the parameter formulas and a little bit with the attack formulas. This math-y end of dev work with the battle system isn’t something I fully understand so I just muck with what I do know until it seems to work.
Eitherway, I have the Kawabun and Grasshoppers performing well enough that I’m going to start working on the Electrobii and Frog C (names will be changed to something in the final game). The Electrobii and Frog are in the actual dungeon so my progress is actually progressing and I’ve been testing the game as the player would be in the beginning, just with themself in the beginning.
That’s it for this week! Take care and God bless,
Patrons get the RF DevLogs a week earlier! Support today!